Forum Thread: How to Become Anonymous Online (TOR, Kali Linux & Whonix)

Ever wonder how the hackers hide their identity? Or how come they are able to defeat the law enforcement agencies? TOR, VPN and etc right? But, still how to do it correctly because a misconfigure system can reveal much more information than you can ever imagine.

This article is the answer of the question asked by a student during "7 weeks open source intelligence challenge program" because the TOR browser has been discussed in the lecture with a note that it can't completely make you anonymous, so here is the question:

Student: The course was excellent and very helpful to enhance my skills as a security analyst. Irfan really covered and explained the topics well. It would be nice though if you covered an in-depth lecture on anonymity. I am looking forward to other exciting courses that your site will offer.

EHA Support member: Great. I have also forwarded anonymity request to the concerned team, can you please elaborate what exactly are you looking for?

Student: About that, I was referring to different kinds of ways on how to anonymize using whonix, tails, pfsense with tor installed. Lessons on how to setup and use these tools would really be great. :-)

So I got the request from a team member and decided to create a tutorial to explain this topic, I have selected Whonix for this tutorial, while tails will be discussed in another tutorial.

So here you go.

1 Response

This appears to render much of Kali useless. E.g. nmap doesn't work properly. When I scan a host it tells me all the ports are open and that it's running Linux 4.x - no matter what the box actually is.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active