Apple just released iOS 14.2 developer beta 2 (build number 18B5061e) for iPhone today, Tuesday, Sept. 29. The new update adds fresh emoji to iOS, including smiling face with tear, seal, ninja, anatomical heart, among many others from the Emoji 13.0 collection.
Emoji 13.0 includes the following new emoji:
- Smiley's & People: Smiling Face with Tear, Disguised Face, Pinched Fingers, Anatomical Heart, Lungs, Ninja, Man in Tuxedo, Woman in Tuxedo, Man with Veil, Woman with Veil, Woman Feeding Baby, Man Feeding Baby, Person Feeding Baby, Mx Claus, People Hugging, Sewing Needle, Knot, Thong Sandal, Military Helmet.
- Animals & Nature: Black Cat, Bison, Mammoth, Beaver, Polar Bear, Dodo, Feather, Seal, Beetle, Cockroach, Fly, Worm, Potted Plant, Rock.
- Food & Drink: Blueberries, Olive, Bell Pepper, Flatbread, Tamale, Fondue, Teapot, Bubble Tea.
- Activity: Roller Skate, Accordion, Long Drum, Boomerang.
- Travel & Places: Pickup Truck, Hut.
- Objects: Magic Wand, Piñata, Nesting Dolls, Coin, Carpentry Saw, Screwdriver, Hook, Ladder, Mirror, Window, Plunger, Mouse Trap, Bucket, Toothbrush, Headstone, Placard.
- Symbols: Elevator, Transgender Symbol.
- Flags: Transgender Flag.
Apple released this update to developers at 10 a.m. PDT, the company's standard release time for major software updates. If you're not a developer, however, you won't see this update hit your iPhone. Instead, you'll need to wait for Apple to release 14.2 public beta 2, which we expect to see either today at 1 p.m. PDT, or Monday at 10 a.m. PDT.
iOS & iPadOS 14.2 Beta 2 Release Notes
- The iOS & iPadOS 14.2 SDK provides support to develop apps for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS & iPadOS 14.2. The SDK comes bundled with Xcode 12.2 beta 2, available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 12.2, see Xcode 12.2 Beta Release Notes.
- Apps built with the iOS 14 SDK that import SwiftUI and StoreKit in the same file will now launch correctly. (69094398)
Apple Pay: Resolved
- Apple Cash Family is now available in iOS & iPadOS 14.2 beta 2. (68740022)
- Risk scores are now calculated correctly when custom attenuation weights are used. (68731193)
- You can now use Siri to send audio messages. (67725415)
- Your app no longer quits unexpectedly if it uses ASIHTTPRequest. (68370078)
To update your iPhone to iOS 14.2 dev beta 2, you'll need to be a registered developer. You can use the restore image for your iPhone available in the Developer portal (install with iTunes or Finder) or install the configuration profile, then update over the air. If you already have the profile installed on your iPhone, head over to Settings –> General –> Software Update to start installing the latest beta build, or you can wait until it installs automatically if "Automatic Updates" is enabled.
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out: